The Nurse Health Assess Coordinator reviews all Health Assess referrals, medical documents, and report recommendations, within customer guidelines and expectations. This includes full file reviews and formulating support services with a focus on the Employer and Life and Health markets, while supporting clinical coordination of the property & casualty, and Medicolegal markets.
- Determine assessment approach and provide recommendations to case manager.
- Provide accurate client recommendations within customer guidelines and expectations.
- Liaise with the Quality Assurance and Operational departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction across the life cycle of the referral.
- Works closely with assigned account manager to ensure weekly, monthly reports and dashboards meet and exceed client KPI’s
- Responsible to maintain issues log
- Work close with adjusters and case managers to ensure recommendation address return to function ability
- Perform offsite client facing Clinical Coordination when required to ensure key requirements are met.
- Will assist with cardiovascular testing
- Liaise closely with the Operations team to ensure that the referral process meets the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Proactively identifies and addresses complexities to ensure a smooth progression of the claimant file.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position reports to the Director of Clinical Coordination, and the Regional Director of Clinical QA/Operations
Competencies required to succeed:
- Superior communication skills (oral and written)
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented.
- Experience in the property and casualty industry is preferred.
- Strong relationship building skills, both external (assessors, customers) and internal
- Ability to interpret and apply appropriate legislation
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with proven prioritization skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Education, knowledge and experience required:
- University degree, related to the role
- Registered Occupational nurse with the appropriate provincial licensing is preferred.
- Clinical Coordination experience an asset
- Disability Management
- Teaching, training in health promotion an assest
- Three (3-5) year minimum in return to work support experience within the STD and LTD environments is an asset
- Three (3) years minimum IME industry experience is an asset
- Three (3) years of related clinical experience is preferred as a nurse or similar medical technician function
- Excellent command of the English language (Written and verbal)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. We thank all those that apply. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Cira Medical Services and the SCM Insurance Services group of companies please go to http://ciramedical.ca/